Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm home

Sunday, November 18, 2012  

My flight home on Friday was uneventful - just the way I like it.

Steve met me at the airport with flowers.  I am so excited to get home and see my kids.
As soon as I opened the door - there stood Alana & Landon (each one holding one of the cats)
I got hugs, kisses and a beautiful card.
I missed home.

Even though I was so anxious to sleep in my own bed, I did not sleep very well.  I am not sure exactly why.
Saturday started off lovely - breakfast with my family, couple quick errands, and a trip to Target.  
The trip to Target was a milestone for me -- I walked in without my cane!  
After a little bit, I did use the cart to lean on but still no cane.  The strange part as Alana kept pointing out - I am not sure where to place my hand.  I have walked with a cane for so long - that it felt like my left hand was missing something without it.  Not to worry - I will get used to it soon.

I may have overdone it a little; I was very worn by late afternoon.
Tomorrow, will be better I am sure.

Saturday night, I fell asleep within minutes of climbing into bed. My sleep lasted for only an hour and 15 minutes.  Then I was up until 6:30am.  Grrrrr.

Now, I should report - that my pain level is still down.  It has not been eliminated.  It feels as if someone has hit the mute button on the RSD pain.  I hurt, but there is a lot less burning, stabbing pain.

Sunday, picked up kids from religious school with Steve and proceeded to drive to Costco.  On the way over (a 10 min trip) I began to feel sick, very sick.  So ill in fact that I could not go into Costco. My family went in, and I fell asleep in the car.  After a bit, when they came out of the store and woke me I did begin to feel a lot better.

I am starting to realize that maybe the Doctor was right.  I need to take things slowly and not overdo anything.  I am going to go slow this week - or at least try to.  I have cancelled a lot of my plans for the next couple of days - as to be sure to go easy.

I feel as if I am in an awkward situation now.  So many people want to know the results of this treatment.  I can not give anyone a full report yet.  Without a doubt, the Calmare treatment does something.  It did lesson my pain, and at times almost eliminate it.  Now I just need to hope that this continues on for sometime.




No comments:

Post a Comment